Pinsent Masons is an international law firm that ranks amongst the top 75 law firms globally, with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. Pinsent Masons won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2018 – The Lawyer" and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times.
We know that our culture sets us apart, and with colleagues operating from 24 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, it is at the heart of our success as a leading international law firm. Our core values are Approachable, Bold and Connected and as a firm we hold these in high regard. Personally and collectively, we live them every day and our firm is a better place for it.
The Information Security Apprentice will support the organisation and its security functions by applying an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect the organisation's systems and people. The apprentice will be involved with contributing to Security Projects , Applying Security Frameworks and Controls.
Whether focused on technical or risk analysis, all employees in this occupation work to achieve required security outcomes in a legal and regulatory context in all parts of the economy. They develop and apply practical knowledge of information security to deliver solutions that fulfil an organisation’s requirements.
Key Skills / Person Specification
- A passion for all aspects of security, both technical and non technical
- Keen sense of responsibility
- Strong communicator with ability to escalate and delegate effectively
- Ability to constructively challenge, facilitate and probe to fully understand the business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels through reports, presentations and forming effective relationships
- Flexible approach to incorporate changing priorities
- Cooperative, service orientated, individual and team worker
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and on own initiative
- Articulate and capable of producing high quality written output
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Ability to absorb information and concepts quickly
- Conscientious with an accurate and methodical approach to work
- Flexible approach to tasks that may change daily
- Analytical ability
- Proactive in suggesting new ideas and identifying areas for improvement or enhancement
- Demonstrates determination and a ‘can-do’ approach
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Educated to A-level/BTec standard with at least 2 grades C or above; or relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship; plus English and Maths at GCSE grades 4 - 9 / C - A*
- STEM subjects preferred at A-level, especially ICT / Computer Science
- Relevant industry-specific qualifications
- No previous experience necessary
- 24 month, level 4 apprenticeship – Cyber Security Technologist
- Experience working in a fast-moving Information Security team including appreciation of IS Engagement, Supply Chain Information, Governance and Technical Security (implementation of threat hunting, vulnerability scanning, incident response and digital forensics).
- There may be opportunities for further qualifications and/or careers opportunities at Pinsent Masons for individuals successfully completing the apprenticeship.