Are you obsessed with quality? Why not kick-start your career with the Quality Apprenticeship at Unilever? We want to see how your individuality, and your unique approach to work and the world, can bring innovation to our business. If you want to become our recognised expert in problem solving and continuous improvement activities, don’t delay, apply today!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
As the manufacturers of some of the world’s best loved Deodorant brands, Quality is very much at the heart of what we do. Working as part of the Quality Team you will learn how we ensure that each product leaves our factory in perfect condition, to meet our consumers’ high expectations. You will be involved in real projects from Day 1.
There are many different elements to Quality and every working day is different – for example, you could be testing and measuring materials, working with others to improve Quality standards in the factory, or supporting the development of new products. You will be part of a wider team and you will work closely with our factory team, our material suppliers and Research & Development Centre.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Our Apprenticeship in Quality lasts two years and follows the National Apprenticeship Standard – Level 3 Improvement Technician Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes.
The programme incorporates on-the-job training in the following areas: Process Quality, Innovation Quality Operational & Supplier Quality and Hygiene. You will study simultaneously, matching your formal academic learning to the operational experiences you are having day-to-day.
Completion of the programme will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to work effectively as part of a world class team in a range of Supply Chain roles. Additionally, you will obtain the auditing qualifications.
Upon completion you will have achieved the Level 3 Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques, alongside industry recognised training - ISO 9001.
Port Sunlight (close to Liverpool).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
As well as ongoing training, you’ll experience real-life business challenges with some of our best-known global brands, where your energy and unique way of thinking will have a real impact. The apprenticeship will give you the confidence and ongoing learning opportunities to set you up for success. Most of our apprentices go on to get a job or explore higher learning opportunities at Unilever.
All our apprentices receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), big discounts on Unilever products, a workplace pension and a personalised induction programme. In some of our workplaces, we also have a subsidised café, gym, sports clubs and social activities. You can even get free ice cream. Yum!
• Compulsory requirement to be educated to GCSE level with a minimum requirement of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C)or above in Maths or Physical Science (Physics, Chemistry). Desirable to A Level or equivalent
• You are a passionate and positive individual who strives to take the lead and seek out fresh opportunities and challenges.
• Passion for our brands, products and Quality.
• You go the extra mile in order to exceed customer expectations and deliver above and beyond every time.
• Communication is key – you are expected to be confident and clear with the information you present and publish.
• Strong analytical skills, exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
• You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2019