Our manufacturing apprenticeship is designed to create the manufacturing technicians of the future.
As a manufacturing
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications- working towards a level 3 NVQ / SVQ qualification and an HNC with the potential to go on to further study.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a manufacturing team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
• Identifying areas for improvement
• Root causing problems
• Supporting manufacturing processes
• Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
What qualifications do I need? To be eligible for our manufacturing apprenticeship you will need:
• England: to have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C (4/5) or above, including Maths, English Language (not literature) and a Science subject.
• Montrose, Scotland: to have achieved/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 Scottish National 5 at grade A-C (or 5 Standard Grades at grades 1-3) including Maths, English and a Science subject.
• Irvine, Scotland: to have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 Scottish National 5 at grade A-C (or 5 Standard Grades at grades 1-3) or equivalent including Maths, English and a Science subject. Plus one Scottish Higher grade (A-C) pass preferably in Maths or a Science.
Where will I be based?
At one of the following GSK manufacturing sites - Montrose, Irvine, Barnard Castle or Ware
What our apprentices say about the Manufacturing apprenticeship...
” Although I sat my A-levels I decided not to go to university. My apprenticeship has allowed me to pursue a career in a field I am passionate about whilst being paid to learn.
“I enjoy having the opportunity to meet new people and be given the responsibility to use your initiative and manage your own time accordingly. It is really interesting seeing other GSK sites and I have learnt a lot attending personal development courses.”
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
• A competitive base salary
• An annual bonus
• Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
• A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
• A performance and development programme
• Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward
• A nationally recognised qualification
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Watch a video to get to grips with our recruitment process
Want to understand our whole recruitment process? Watch our video here.