About the Role
Are you looking for an apprenticeship that is
That’s good because that’s what we are looking for in an apprentice wanting to start their career in the IT industry, where innovation, reliability and security is the technology that empowers National Grid in this fast-changing energy industry.
From desktop support to server and cloud projects, the role promises varied and interesting exposure to a broad range of technologies which means you could work in:
- Project Management – working on projects to deliver technology or applications
- Business Analysis – understanding business processes and the systems that our customers use
- Infrastructure & Operations – maintaining live systems and resolving problems with system failures
- Business Relationship Management – working with our customers to understand their system requirements
- Enterprise / Solution Architecture - setting out National Grid’s technical roadmap and the technology of the future
- Digital Risk and Security – working to keep our systems safe from
- Critical National Infrastructure Analyst – supporting systems that manage gas and electricity flow
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
Depending on your choice of business area, you could be working in any of the following roles:
- Working as a junior project manager or business analyst – working with both our business customers and internal IT teams to deliver system changes and understand customer needs.
- Working with the
- Working across our global business to share best practice on how to make
- Working with our customers to really understand their business and how technology can improve the way they work
Working in the
You will have access to many parts of National Grid, whether that is through starting projects and visioning the end product, resolving technology issues for customers or finding better ways to use technology for the benefit of our employees and customers.