About the Role
National Grid is the sole owner and operator of the gas transmission infrastructure in Great Britain. It’s our task to ensure supply meets demand, by buying, selling and using stored gas.
At all times system pressures need to be maintained and the highest quality standards upheld to ensure the system is always operating within stringent safety limits. Does this sound like something you would enjoy being a part of?
As a Trainee Operations
As part of the
Based in our Gas National Control Centre, whilst on the
You will be involved in controlling and balancing the Nation’s gas demand with the supply we have in the pipelines across the country by:
- Developing and delivering SO/GSO requirements to meet agreed obligations
- Shadowing and assisting with specific network analysis tasks
- Devising and evaluating potential decision-making tools which could be used in a real-time environment
- Identifying scenarios that could potentially lead to operational or commercial issues
- Analysing supply and demand patterns to identify new ways to carry out forecasts and methodologies
Earn while you learn - Gain a bespoke Foundation Degree specific to Gas Transmission Engineering designed in collaboration with National Grid. This degree has over 30 courses from technically specific NTS courses to much wider engineering techniques such as electrical fitting and welding.
Site visits to all types of NTS connections all over the country and training at our brand new unique training AGI (the only one in Europe)Opportunity to specialise in a vital, demanding and growing areaOpportunity of a permanent job when the programme is satisfactorily completed