Construction managers are at the "sharp end" of project delivery working on site. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover and sometimes beyond.
As a trainee construction manager your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Assisting in the production of
• Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors.
• Assisting in project
• Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity.
• Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors.
• Checking sub-contractor works, benchmarking and quality control
• Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary.
• Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
• Ensuring health & safety is adhered to onsite, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
• Assisting Construction Managers with various elements of the build
• Establishing key relationships with the trade contractors, setting up clear lines of communication to coordinate labour and help address issues that may arise
Trainee Construction Managers are sponsored through a 2 year HNC at a London-based university (one day a week on campus). Once this is achieved, apprentices are enrolled onto an NVQ Level 6 to allow them to start working towards their CIOB qualification.
Construction Management apprenticeships are available in London.
- A minimum of grade CCC from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise