Salary : Competition
Deadline : Ongoing
Locations : Nationwide
Become a Techncial Expert in a 24/7 organisation
You’ll be part of our team that works to service and repair the Severn Trent Water fleet including cars, light and heavy commercial vehicles and mobile plant.
What you'll be doing
Having completed an intensive period of on and off-the-job training, where you’ll have gained a high level of technical knowledges, you’ll have the opportunity to start putting your skills to use. Our Heavy Vehicle (HV) Maintenance Technicians perform vital maintenance on our vehicles to ensure we are able to optimise our fleet and minimise vehicle downtime.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Servicing and maintaining a diverse range of company vehicles and plant, including agricultural and construction equipment to a high standard, ensuring STW and manufacturer guidelines are followed
- You'll gain experience maintaining auxillary equipment e.g. cranes, compressors, generators, vacuum and displacement pumps etc
- Attending unscheduled maintenance and emergency work as required
- Ensuring a safe working environment and behaviours at all times
- Preparing and presenting company vehicles for annual testing to required standards, ensuring STW target pass rates are achieved
- Being customer focused, working productively to minimise vehicle downtime
- Inputting all key job information daily into a fleet management system
- Helping to support the running of the workshop if the Lead Technician is not present