We have an exciting opportunity for a Salon Assistant to join our client, who is a global FMCG company behind well-known brands such as Toni & Guy, TIGI, Tresemme and Dove.
They are offering this as an initial 3 month placement, however, should the successful applicant undertake the 3 month initial placement successfully, they will go on to become officially enrolled on to the NVQ level 2 programme! This position will pay between £4.20 to £5 per hour as an apprentice, working Monday to Friday, working an 8 hour shift between 8am to 7pm.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone our client's UKI head office in Leatherhead, and its main role is to assist in the development and education of these brands to the mass consumer and retail world.
The position of Salon Assistant requires no previous hairdressing training or experience. The day to day function is to assist stylists in all aspects to aid in smooth running of salon. This includes but is not exclusive to -
- Dealing with clients of the salon with making appointments
- Assisting stylists with upkeep of the salon (cleanliness, stock control, any maintenance issues that arise)
- Assisting stylists with timekeeping and client interaction either in person or on phone
- Assisting stylists with hairdressing duties such as shampooing and, when deemed able by salon manager, some styling.
The salon is positioned as a high end quality salon akin to a Toni & Guy and the team consists of Principal Stylist, Senior Stylist and part time assistant and as such is an intimate work environment. The clientele consists of employees of our client and their guests.
- As our client is a is a major corporation the behaviour of our team is a little different to that of a team in a high street salon. We must always be respectful of the corporate environment we are in with regards to our language, topics of conversation and personal boundaries whilst maintaining a relaxed friendly salon atmosphere. The key is exclusivity with approachability.
- Personal appearance is also important and is expected to be of the highest standard.
- We will look after your hair maintenance as often as it is needed which will be carried out around the working day at no cost.
- Daily styling must be carried out before the working day begins.
- The role will occasionally involve offsite work such as assisting on photo/video shoots and styling at prestigious events such as BAFTA's, London Fashion Week.
- The salon's opening hours are 8am-7pm Monday to Friday.
- During this time you will work an 8 hour shift pattern with a 45 minute lunch break. There is no weekend work and the salon is closed when the office is unoccupied- Christmas period, bank holidays.
The successful candidate must have:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, as this is vital in developing the salon business and reputation within the Unilever building.
- Passion for hair and an interest in developing in this field
- Dedicated to achieving an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing
- Ability to work an 8 hour day between the times of are 8am-7pm Monday-Friday.