Location: Saffron Walden, Essex
Lord Butler Leisure Centre are offering a great opportunity to embark upon an aqua life apprenticeship where you will work towards your Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership, Leisure Operations, Fitness Instructor, and RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
This is a 12-15 month apprenticeship, training will be provided to work towards an Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership.
This will be a varied role within the Leisure Centre and your main duties will include:
• Learn how to carry out gym inductions and implement training plans for individuals
• Provide an excellent level of customer service around the gym and leisure centre
• Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
• provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
• correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
• check that life-saving equipment is in full working order
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Maintain the vigilant supervision of the pool users
Through work experience, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational), and from completing a structured learning programme to obtain work related qualifications, develop and demonstrate both an understanding of and capability to carry out the activities of a practising swim teacher.
You will need to be a strong and competent swimmer. Experience in competitive swimming or previous training with a swim club would be advantageous.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
If you do not already hold your NPLQ, you will put on the course and must pass in order to continue with the apprenticeship.
Flexibility towards the hours and role are essential as you will be required to work on a shift-rota basis including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Salary and Benefits
• Good personal development opportunities available
• Friendly and supportive work environment