The duties of this newly created role will be split over three main areas: print room, post room and facilities.
The employee will have an opportunity to build and develop skills required to complete a relevant NVQ qualification. The employee will rotate between the three areas supporting them as required, which will give him/her a fantastic opportunity to gain an exposure to a wide variety of tasks.
- Open, stamp and distribute incoming mail to all floors
- Post outgoing mail and parcels
- Collect and distribute internal mail
- Collect "By Hand" mail delivered directly to reception, and to distribute it
- Ensure all faxed messages are distributed as soon as possible
- Ensure all photocopying, collating, binding etc. is carried out accurately and to required deadlines using all copiers/laser printers on all the floors
- Service the building (maintain stock of stationery, distribute stationery, replenish toner, paper, maintain photocopiers etc.)
- Assist generally with Facilities and Building Services ensuring the London office building is maintained and serviced efficiently (to liaise with the landlord, to provide Health and Safety support)
- Set up meeting rooms when required
- Provide cover in the absence of Print Room/Post Room/Maintenance colleagues
- Assist other departments when required with moves, deliveries etc., post room duties permitting and with knowledge of the Office Manager
- Be able to operate the heating/aircon/gas/fuse and provide cover with these tasks when required
- Other tasks as appropriate
Knowledge and Experience
- Studying, or about to start studying, towards a relevant (Customer Service/Business Administration) NVQ qualification
- Three GCSEs at grades A*–E, including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Ability to establish good rapport with clients (internal and external), providing excellent service with great quality work and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate with an approachable and professional manner
- Ability to demonstrate core values in every aspect - attention to quality, professionalism and relationships
- Desire to build network and suggest and develop ideas for improvement
- Ability to be articulate both face to face and in writing
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Have a curious and problem solving mind-set, approaching new situations with an open mind
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently to resolve issues
- Committed to personal and professional development, taking responsibility for furthering career within the firm through seeking opportunities to expand knowledge and skills
- Ability to deal with challenges and change, remaining engaged, resilient and motivated
- Effective time management skills, and an enthusiastic and “can-do” approach
- Drive to keep up to date with what is happening in professional area to ensure high standards and promote ethical behavior
- Ability to act with integrity and honesty
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT capability and understanding of the application of IT systems to improve work practices
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Key details of position:
Hours: The core hours will be 35 hours a week, 9 am – 5 pm, with some flexibility required from time to time (between 7 am and 6 pm, but not exceeding 7 working hours a day).
Due to legislative requirements, 20% of the Apprentice’s working hours will be spent on off-the-job training.