Transform our future places and spaces
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in our industry? Join our Apprenticeship Programme. You'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to the wider team.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also discuss some of our recent Diversity & Inclusion pledges, including Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Faithful+Gould, you'll be in great company.
What you’ll be studying
Our North West role is based at our Warrington office.
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeships
Quantity Surveying (Warrington)
Building Surveying (Warrington)
Project Management (Warrington)
You’ll typically need GCSEs including a C/5 in Mathematics & English Language + 96 UCAS points
What you could be doing
• Managing design and construction
• Undertaking building surveys and measured surveys
• Design of small-medium sized build and refurbishment projects
• Analysing design and building defects
• Writing schedules of work, draughting detailed drawings and preparing tender documents
• Project management and development monitoring
• Professional services including party wall matters, dilapidations and technical due diligence
• Conservation and heritage advice and expertise
• Visiting potential development sites to assess site characteristics to inform build cost estimates.
• Estimating the cost to build a wide variety of construction projects
• Managing the construction cost and ensuring scheme viability is maintained throughout the duration of the development process.
• Managing and analysing development risk
• Managing the procurement and tendering process with potential Contractors.
• Preparing formal contractual documentation
• Attending development sites during construction to assess interim payments to be made to the Contractor, cost reporting and agreeing the final account on behalf of the Developer.
• Identifying and developing the client’s aspirations and objectives for their project (the brief)
• Identifying and managing risks and issues that could impact the delivery of the brief
• Attending and recording project meetings across all stages of the project
• Managing the early feasibility design stage to establish the project budget and programme
• Working with all members of the project team from the client, design team, and contractor
• Overseeing the design team and making sure information is shared across all team members
• Managing the selection process of the contractor who will build the project
• Regular site visits and meetings during construction to monitor progress which will be reported to the client
• Making sure the handover process of the new building to the client is managed and goes to plan
Join us as an Apprentice at Faithful+Gould and be part of a team of big thinkers. You'll be paid for gaining your apprenticeship qualification while enjoying on-the-job mentoring and learning. Your skills will be essential to us, supporting the technical aspects of multidisciplinary design projects. You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energy. And with the choice to work across Cities & Development, Energy, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Examples of tasks that an apprentice could undertake are:
• Supporting engineers creating groundbreaking designs for all kinds of projects
• Get an opportunity to see first-hand how the team provides discipline lead support and see how these skills and expertise are applied to companies.
• As an apprentice you’ll get the opportunity to develop your capability in a wide range of exciting projects
• Create CAD drawings and maintain the drawing register
• Supporting client meetings and assisting in building relationships
• Shaping the future of the digital world
At Faithful+Gould we are dedicated and committed to training and learning & development. Following the programme, you can train to become professionally qualified through the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
What you can bring
· Ability to work in a team, assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
· Creativity and strong communication skills
· Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
· Be reliable, practical and self-motivated
· Use your own initiative
· Work across different locations on a variety of projects, continually developing your skills and experience
· A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn't afraid to push boundaries
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your learning, career and personal needs. As well as a competitive salary, enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, a pension plan, tailored career development and a strong support network. Read more about our Total Rewards.
How do I apply?
Please click ‘Apply for job’ below to be taken to our apprenticeship careers site so you can register your details and start your application journey.